... growing and hybridizing all kinds of plants in zone 6b Maryland since the 1980's.

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Dwarf Heavenly Bamboo and Blue Fescue

Two plants looking especially pretty in this cold December weather: Nandina domestica 'Fire Power' and Festuca glauca 'Elijah Blue'. I don't currently have them planted next to each other but might have to change that. I think I'll like red and blue together all winter and during the warmer seasons the lime green color of the Nandina should be nice beside the blue too! 


2 comments:

  1. Red/scarlet and that grey-blue color are some of my favorite color combinations to use in landscaping! I want a blue-leaf rose with scarlet flowers....that would be so aesthetically pleasing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That WOULD be cool! I used to have a blue-green leaf rose hybrid that had magenta flowers. It was from rugosa X glauca. It was only a once-bloomer but still might have been a good stepping stone to get to that blue-leaf, scarlet-flowered vision. I'll have to see if I can find my old pictures of it.

    ReplyDelete