... growing and hybridizing all kinds of plants in zone 6b Maryland since the 1980's.

Friday, December 2, 2011

Radishes

Planted a few Fall radishes. These were ones supposed to be good for storage - that reportedly don't do as well when Spring planted. I'm going to test out their storage capabilities and if any are still viable come Spring I'll plant them for seed production. I planted four different kinds but some of them were from really old seed so I just got (from left to right): a single root of 'Rose Heart', a bunch of 'Long Black Spanish' and some 'Watermelon'. I like the idea of color in the interior, so I hope these ones especially will overwinter in the fridge. The second picture shows some slices from one of the 'Watermelon' radishes that had split (so I ate it). Whew! It was hot!

No comments:

Post a Comment