... growing and hybridizing all kinds of plants in zone 6b Maryland since the 1980's.

Saturday, April 14, 2012

'Superba' Lilac

I think the name goes something like this: Syringa pubescens var. microphylla 'Superba'. I got mine from ForestFarm nursery a couple years ago. I had this lilac years ago when I lived at my parents' house. I liked it so much that I had to get one again for here. It never fails to bloom again lightly in the Fall - I'm pretty sure I posted about it Fall 2011. I took a picture of the plant from the window inside, so the quality isn't the greatest, but at least it gives you an idea how it looked after I clipped a bunch of clusters off for inside. The second and third pictures are close-ups of the flowers. As I type this I can smell it clearly and the vase is a good ten feet away from me. Mmmmmm!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment