... growing and hybridizing all kinds of plants in zone 6b Maryland since the 1980's.

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Rosa bracteata X (rugosa x palustris)

I've decided to start referring to these four bracteata hybrids by number [BH1, BH2, BH3, BH4].
They've definitely gotten over the brutal move and are starting to build up their mature character again. I'll show an overall / whole bush shot and a close-up of each of these four below.
 
BH1 is the one I used to call the "pink monster". It has inherited the most obvious influence from rugosa especially in its foliage appearance.  

BH2 is a white with a lot of palustris look in the foliage.
 
 
BH3 is another white with foliage that shows a lot of the palustris influence.
 
BH4 is a very pale pink. It usually doesn't show in pictures I take, but I tried really hard to get it to show in the close up below.

Haven't tried a lot of controlled pollination o these but I've got the first F2 open pollinated seedling blooming right now out back, and will have to get pictures and post about that one soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment