... growing and hybridizing all kinds of plants in zone 6b Maryland since the 1980's.

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Rosa bracteata X (rugosa x palustris)

Old favorites of mine, finally starting to get back to their former size after a rough move. These four seedlings were the most robust of the cross. Many of the canes were well over my head. I left the less vigorous ones behind. I'd thought there were four whites and one pink but one of the whites is actually a very pale pink. Even the picture barely shows it. It's the first one. The second is one of the real whites - note the foliage that leans more towards palustris. The last picture is of the pink - which got the most obvious influence from the rugosa part of the pollen parent - just look at the foliage. Hey Joseph T., this is the one that had already finished blooming when you visited. Even though it's a little coarse, it just might be my favorite of the four.


1 comment:

  1. This is fantastic! I hope to do a cross just like this myself. Did you use the remontant form of palustris? Do these guys rebloom?

    ReplyDelete