... growing and hybridizing all kinds of plants in zone 6b Maryland since the 1980's.

Sunday, November 11, 2012

F1 Hybrid and 'Long Black Spanish' radish

These two radishes were both grown from seed off of the 'Long Black Spanish' radishes that I overwintered in a ziplock in the fridge last winter. The one on the left HAS to be from an intercross with the couple of 'Roseheart' (green-skinned, pink-fleshed). Since it's supposed to be so nice out today, we're planning to dig all the rest. I'll be sure to get some more pictures showing both parent types and the hybrids. There should be quite a few hybrids because when I thinned the row, I tried to save as many of the purple-foliaged ones as I could - see the purple leaf stalk on the hybrid vs. the totally green leaf stalks of the normal 'Long Black Spanish'.

No comments:

Post a Comment