... growing and hybridizing all kinds of plants in zone 6b Maryland since the 1980's.

Thursday, November 1, 2012

V3 - Rosa virginiana

Sadly I don't think this clone survived the move. It was labeled "V3" when I received it in an exchange of native tetraploid clones [with Roger Mitchell if I'm remembering right???] many years ago. This one was the pollen parent that I used on my 'Fragrant Cloud' X Rosa carolina hybrid to give me the one I call "3/4 Native". This year I collected a boatload of open-pollinated seeds from "3/4 Native" hoping that at least a few, by some crazy luck of the draw, might germinate and turn out to be repeat bloomers.

1 comment:

  1. I think I'm wrong yet again ;0)
    Looks like I may still have a piece of this one. I'll know for sure when it leafs out again next Spring.

    ReplyDelete