... growing and hybridizing all kinds of plants in zone 6b Maryland since the 1980's.

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Fig season has officially begun

The main crop of 'Hardy Chicago' figs started on August 10th with five ripe that day. I think I forgot to count a couple here and there after that, but know there have been at least 16 more because I have pictures. So that makes 21 so far and the tree is still loaded. I'm sure I'll lose count plenty more times but I'm betting there are at least gonna be as many as last year which was bewteen 80 and 90 (I lost track of the count towards the end of the season).
There was one fruit on 'Celeste' fig today (first ever on this plant). It was smaller and sweeter than the 'Hardy Chicago'.
Here are the 14 'Hardy Chicago' that ripened yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment